Monday, September 27, 2010

Life as a mother of triplets...

Where to start?  Life is busy...busier than I could have ever expected.  But that's not really what this post is about.  It's about how different life becomes after having multiples.  It's about not being able to go anywhere without being stared at or asked "Did you do infertility treatment?" or "Wow...glad it's you & not me."  Where do people get the nerve to do these things?  Do they want me to stop my whole day to tell them our story?  Do they want to hear how hard I fought for these precious lives and how blessed I feel to have them all in my life.  I'm just another mother...out...trying to survive this crazy journey.

Enough venting...on to more positive things. After reading about how our journey started, I thought I'd give you an update on where Jack, Aiden & Ella are today. They are thriving!!! Sure, they are slightly behind other children their age. Yes, they go to the doctor more often. But, wow, what miracles!

Ella has been walking for months now and she is starting to talk more and more each day. She can say ella, bird, mama/mommy, dada, gigi (my mom) and probably a few others that I'm not listing. She is the dominant one in our house and is constantly causing trouble with her brothers. She has started walking backwards and will attempt to jump if you ask her (although it just looks like she is dancing). She has over 8 teeth and is currently working on her molars. Not fun!

Jack will move place to place by army crawling...although he recently discovered that he can scoot (?) on his butt. He is constantly pulling himself up to standing on everything...the gate, the sofa, a chair, me. He has started to lift his entire right leg up on the sofa to try and crawl up to me. He is not as verbal as the other two but he can definitely talk...when he isn't with the other two. Jack is the happiest child I have ever met. My heart lights up every time I see him smile. I was told that it was possible he might not ever walk or talk due to his extensive brain bleed but this child has already surpassed everyones expectations. Is he walking? Not yet...but he has the drive and will try so hard to take steps forward when you hold his hands. We are currently waiting for his SureStep braces to come in to help stabalize his ankles. They are tiny little plastic braces that come up just past the ankle bone. Hardly noticeable. While I once wondered what this child's future looked like...I can now see that nothing is going to hold him back . He amazes me.

Aiden also likes to army crawl to get around (and away from his siblings). He isn't pulling himself to standing yet but I'm certain that will happen in a few short weeks. He loves to pull up on me but hasn't attempted anything else. Aiden is such a tender soul. He is our thinker & our lover. But he can put up a major attitude at times too. He definitely has his own opinions. Like Jack, Aiden is getting SureStep ankle braces to help stabalize him so we can start focusing on walking. No doubt that he will get there...he is just taking his time. Aiden loves to talk but mostly says mama, dada, papa, baba. He is always working on new sounds.  Aiden also has a smile that can light up an entire room!

I know I've left off many things but can you tell that I am so proud of my children? Is this what I expected my life to be like? No. But I wouldn't change a single thing. My children are the best gift from God and I'm so blessed & happy to have them in my life.

1 comment:

  1. SO excited that you have a blog! Can't wait to read more girl!

    ReplyDelete